Friday, May 30, 2008

Week 4--DONE

I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already. There have been some rough days, but in many ways, today this feels like the easiest diet I've been on...which sounds weird to say. The choice has been taken away from me, so I'm just going through the motions, and getting results! I am reminding myself daily that this IS the easy part...the hard part comes when I have more choice and less monitoring. Then I will have to keep reminding myself to go through the motions. I've never been one to eat what was on a set menu for diets...too picky. I'm tired of being picky, but not sure I will be able to just pop out of this diet liking a variety of foods.

Weekly observations:
- development of batwings
- somewhere around 5 inches lost off the waist and 4 at the hips, total at this point
- Now at a lower weight than last summer, before the 2nd year of grad school weight
- survived another party
- exercise is easier. I'm not extra hungry after exercising at a light to moderate intensity for 30 mins
- blood pressure is decreasing (was around 128/85 before diet, now around 117/70)
- pulse has decreased from 85 before diet to 70-75
- 4 week photos (posted) show the loss, especially in the face. I can see my eyes in pictures again
- bra is starting to have extra room in it
- Not feeling the need to seek out ok'ed snack foods as much
- I look slightly evil in the before picture...perhaps some gluttony showing?

No comments: