After the medical exam, I went for a weekly meeting to teach all the "Skills of Eating Healthily" as it were.
Today's topic was Portion Distortion, or, how Americans like to clean their oversized plates. Nothing particularly new to me in this lecture, but a good reminder about how much I do over eat, even though I like to ignore it. I know I should never get anything bigger than a small when I get fast food. But I get the Biggie every once in awhile cause I'm really hungry and I think, wow, that's a lot of fries. Certainly that can fill my tummy with yummy potatoey goodness! But ya know what? The potato part of my tummy can never be filled. I doubt there are enough fries in the world to make me feel like I've had enough potatoes. What can I say? They're tasty!
Point of this story: I like potatoes.
Moral of the story: Potatoes won't fill you up. More potatoes will not taste any better than less potatoes.
I also met people and asked for tips on making the diet work. They said, start just one day at a time, get the chocolate beverage with fiber in it (eeeps, constipation!), and do the program as described. One thing I noticed was the breath....ketosis breath. I will need mints. It was yucky. I was definitely the youngest person in the room aside from the dietician, so I think I will have to seek more peer support from a discussion board I found online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment