So, the big weekend is over, and not too many slips. I'm on New Direction FF, which is shakes only. My family had a big get together (13 people) for the Cleveland Kids' Run (night before the marathon) on Saturday. I made my shake in the car between events, but felt a bit weak from walking around for 3.5 hours. Afterward we went to a Chinese restaurant, and I didn't feel like I could have my shake, so I got the wonton soup and just had the broth.
Today I got up at 7 for graduation, and had my shake right away. Then we walked a mile to convocation, then a mile to the diploma ceremony, and they had food for us at 11:30. All they had was doughnuts, coffee, and lemonade. No water. I was not allowed to carry anything that wouldn't fit in a fanny pack. Fortunately, my sister lent me her fuel belt. She figured I'd need it worse than her today. So, I had 8oz. of water on me, and a slim fast bar tucked away. I had 1/2 of the bar, even though it's totally off plan and way too many carbs. I couldn't hook up with my family who had my bag until 2:30. Then we walked a mile back to the reception, where I made my shake and drank it outside. There wasn't much that my family cared to eat at the reception, but there was a street festival going on, so family members and boyfriend were stopping for hot dogs, sausages, etc., and there were fries and funnel cakes, but I didn't have them. Then we walked 2 miles back to my apartment, and now I'm going to soak in my tub and relax. I'm really worried about weigh in this week...but I guess whatever happens, happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment