I went out clothes shopping yesterday. I got a lovely zippered sweatshirt from Old Navy. I've been looking forward to losing weight partially because it will open up shopping at less expensive stores for me again. Well...it's not QUITE time for Old Navy yet. While they do have a decent selection of plus sizes compared to other stores, my sweatshirt in size 2X pulls over the stomach a bit.
So I hopped over to Lane Bryant, pretty much the only place I've shopped in years. What a difference from my last shopping expedition a few months ago!! At that time, I was having a hard time deciding between the shirts in 14/16 and the ones in 18/20. The 14/16s fit through the shoulders, but the 18/20s didn't pull over the stomach. I went with the 18/20s. Yesterday, however, I was definitely back in the 14/16s. The tunics even fit over my hips (albeit without too much room to spare).
They had dresses. I haven't worn a dress since my friend's wedding 2 years ago. There just aren't many that are cut well in plus sizes, not to mention ouch ouch thighs rubbing. So, I tried on a couple in size 18. Cuuuuute! I ordered one in a size 16 (there weren't any in stock), because the top was a little loose and, hey, the back is stretchy and the skirt full! It made me feel so pretty and feminine, which is something I lose the more weight I gain. Can't wait til it arrives and I have a chance to wear it.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment