I have to say, I think week 3 has been both the most challenging and most rewarding so far. I have had more temptations and more opportunities to eat and make excuses to eat than I had before. I've also had more noticable changes that are helping to motivate me to keep going.
First, the bad:
~I've realised that my cravings could easily get out of control. Today, I wanted a box of white cheddar cheese nips (or cheese its, can't remember which, but I would've settled for either since what I wanted was the box on my boyfriend's table in front of me). I wanted to sit down in front of the TV and eat the whole box. Of course, my intestines would have exploded. I got so tempted that I indulged more than I have so far. I had a corner of a cheese nip, a tiny sliver of a cookie, and 4 or 5 pickle slices. I told myself I could have as many pickles as I needed to keep me from attacking the box of cheese nips/its/devilfood. Good news? The box is still there, with cheese nip things inside of it.
~Some people are still pressuring me to go off plan, and seem to eager to make excuses for me if I do. I don't need that. I need support to get to my goal and forgiveness if I stray without anyone's help. That, followed by support to get back on plan and make it to my relatively modest goal of 60 lbs off.
~I've been having more trouble getting in all my water. I think less water is probably related to the cravings.
~I've had a couple of higher blood pressure readings
~I don't have as much strength and energy as I had before the diet
~I get pretty dizzy when I go from squatting to standing
The good:
~Still no migraines
~Acid is calming down. I have not taken an antacid in days
~The pounds are still dropping off. At my unofficial weigh-in today, I was down a total of 15.2 lbs, which puts me 1/4 of the way to goal.
~My jeans are loose (see post below)
~The skin on my upper stomach is starting to get flabbier because it's not as full of fat (mixed blessing). I can actually see that it's now more, well, lumpy. The skin is not as smooth, because it's deflating.
~I'm starting to feel more optimistic about being able to wear non-plus size clothes again, maybe in the next couple of months?
~I made it through graduation without any major off-plan eating, despite so many excuses to do so (i.e. only food for lunch was DOUGHNUTS, sheesh, people...not even any water!)
~My sister provided her fuel belt (for running) to help me stay on plan as well as possible for graduation. THANK YOU!
~My family made changes to dinner plans (Chinese instead of Italian) to make things easier on me, and supported me in just having broth.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment