Friday, May 2, 2008

First Appointment Preparation (i.e. horrible horrible indulgence)

So, in preparing for my first appointment, I did exactly what you are not supposed to do. I worked on finishing all my food. This meant a candy binge. The bag needed to go, right? My one regret is that I didn't eat my chow mein. It is so tasty! But the good news is, it's low enough in calories that I'm sure I'll be back eating it at the end of the liquid diet. So, mainly I indulged in burgers and fries. Of course, I didn't really enjoy them, which is true of much of my overeating.
I'll tell you what I did enjoy, however. Pasta. Tortellini with margarine, spices (lots of garlic) and fresh grated parmesan cheese. Tasted like heaven.
My last guilty day of cleaning out food in my apartment was also my last day to finish my very last paper of grad school, which I had procrastinated horribly.
Here's my horrible horrible diet for the day:
1 starbucks grande peppermint mocha
1 starbucks prepackaged vanilla frappuccino
1 starbucks glazed doughnut
and
2 servings Ore Ida tater tots

That got me through finishing the paper and turning it in (YAY!)
By night I was starving so I drove through Taco Bell for Tacos! My normal way, without lettuce (hate lettuce...no flavor, just yucky texture messing up the taco).

Needless to say, I gained weight since I decided to do this program, about 2 lbs since making the appointment. Letting go of old habits is a pain.

No comments: