Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mid Week 7- Weigh in For Cranky Girl

Yesterday I was about as cranky as I have been in a very long time. I worked out my budget according to my salary at my job (which I start Thursday with orientation). The budget just isn't doable. I can't move out. I'm stuck with my parents until I either get a new, much higher paying job, I get married, or there is massive reform in the student loan payment department.
...but I digress
I was much to cranky to even care about the weigh in much this week. I overdid it on sugar free drinks at the family reunion, had 1/4 teaspoon parmesan on my chicken shake biscuits a couple times this week, and even had a whole bottle of Propel (which does have a bit of sugar in it) after the reunion. God forbid. How godawful were these behaviors? Lost 3.4 lbs, so they can't have been too bad. I was really hoping to make it down to a full 30 lbs lost, but I guess I'll live. At least it was a good weigh in for this irritable girl.
Thank goodness my parents are paying for the program, or I would have never gone on it. It's crazy expensive. The fact that they're paying for it makes me work harder to stay on, and to keep renewing my vow to follow the rules when I'm transitioning. As of today, I'm within striking distance of breaking into ONEderland...the world under 200 lbs. I will make it this week. I have no doubt about that. I will meet my goal of weighing less for C's wedding next week than I did at S's wedding 2 years ago. In just 6 more pounds I will have taken off all my grad school weight. I'm determined to do that within 2 weeks, despite starting a new job. I think I can make it happen. 3 more pounds and I'll be at where I was when I lost a little at the beginning of grad school. 8 more after that and I'll be where I was when I met my boyfriend. 5 more after that, and I'll be ready to start transitioning to regular foods and the really scary part of the diet.

Thursday is time for Week 8 photos. We shall see what difference the last 4 weeks made. It has been about a 12 lb difference, whereas the first 4 weeks were closer to 20 lbs, so may not be as dramatic.

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

YEA CRANKY GIRL!
Keep up the good work. Slow and steady my little turtle.
Remember what happens to the rabbit? He dies of a heart attack in the vet's office because a dog's barking. The turtle instead crawls into his shell and is able to live to lose another lb. tomorrow.

(Damn, I have no clue where that came from. Pretty random.)