So far on this diet, I've been finished with school and trying to find work. Now I've found it! I will be a social worker out in the community. The job, however, is about a 45 minute drive away, and the hours will depend on the hours my clients are available. Eventually, I will have some schedule flexibility, but at first, as with most jobs, there will be a training period where I won't have much control over it.
My first thought was, "Crap, I'm starting the week of C's wedding, and I'll have to ask off a little one day for the rehearsal." After I OK'ed that with my supervisor, my next thought was, "Crap, can I really continue the diet on this?"
So I called the center yesterday. No call back. Called today. Got a call back saying they may be able to set up an individual appointment earlier in the day for me once I know my schedule a little better. I am planning to not go to the center my first week because I won't know my hours until that Monday.
When I thought I might have to quit, I thought, hey, I'm not done yet. I'm not even quite halfway done. I don't know how to eat yet. I would go right out there and just be confounded by all the choices, and not even know what my stomach could handle. I've made progress, but no NEW progress. I haven't even lost all of my grad school weight yet. I'm where I was in January 2007. And June 2006. And August 2005. And heavier than all points in years earlier. In 7 more lbs, I will have lost my grad school weight. In 17 more lbs. I will be back where I was when I met my boyfriend in 2005. In 22 more lbs, I will be back at my lowest weight since winter 2003, and the point I've never broken through in dieting since then. I need to stay on this at least for 23 more lbs!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment