Friday, June 6, 2008

Medical Report

My monthly medical appointment went well. The Dr. said my bloodwork (taken biweekly) looks great. He's very pleased with my loss so far. I asked him about lowering my goal weight. He asked why I wanted to know about that. I told him it's because the goal weight I set, while it is down 60 lbs total, is still technically in the obese category, not even overweight. He said that, based on my age and health, he believes that aiming for a 60 lb loss is a very good goal, and that I will be looking and feeling very good at my goal weight. It's nice to hear that for once. I've been very worried about that goal weight in part because I had a doctor who told me at 25 lbs less than the goal weight that my lack of periods was due to being massively overweight. Now, at that point, I was only at the borderline between normal weight and overweight. So, it's great to hear from a physician who is so involved in weight loss that I can be (god forbid) healthy at a heavier weight than the charts say. Which is good, cause I need to get back to eating here before too too long. Looks like another few months, though.

1 comment:

Allison said...

It sounds like you've got a great doctor, then! So many doctors look at that stupid BMI chart and base your goal weight on that instead of on the specific situation and person.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work!