Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pre-Testing

So, back in March I attended an informational meeting on the diet, and got to try one of the shakes. Not the best thing in the world, not the worst either. Frankly, at the meeting I decided not to do the diet. Too expensive. Then the weight kept coming and I still couldn't trust myself. So, hence, I found a way to do it.
I finally went and got my pre-testing done. This means blood drawn, urine test, and EKG. Hurrah? I now have a big bright purple bruise on my arm, even though the nurse did a pretty good job of taking the blood. I have just always bruised badly with blood work. The bruise is the color of the bridesmaid dress I'm wearing in July, almost exactly. Maybe I'll get another one in time for the wedding, just to match!!
I also started filling out the large amounts of paperwork, including a number of questionnaires about my habits. Basically, yes, I am an emotional eater. Knew that. I AM a little worried about the program because they don't want you to do it if you are sensitive to Nutrasweet. I've attributed headaches to it in the past, but they didn't happen every time I had it, so I checked the "yes" box but wrote a note that said I sometimes get headaches but not always. I don't want them to exclude me!! But I'm comforted by all the testing anyways. Makes me feel like they're not out to sell me something that's not right for me. More like a medical procedure, oddly enough, than a diet. So, now I just need to finish the paperwork, send it in, and schedule an initial visit so we can see where we go from here. We shall see how scary the blood work is. I've had high cholesterol in the past and have been TERRIBLE as far as watching what I eat for, hmm, the past year and a half. Will post the results in all their frightening glory when I get them.
Ok, computer about to die, and I lost the cord. Like, really lost it. No clue where it is. I charged my computer in the car. Go me?

No comments: