Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Work + Diet

I'm re-posting this from my Monday message on the message boards, because I've been too tired to think about much more:

I started a new job tody, and it's the first I've been working since starting the diet. As a new hire, I'm doing a lot of shadowing, and don't feel like I can pop out for a shake when I need it, and I also have earlier work hours than I am used to (but still leaving 2 hours later than my boyfriend does, so I shouldn't complain).
I was given a 1 hour lunch break...which seems really long when all you are having is a shake. I was SO hungry by then though.
I'm now certain I won't be able to meet with my previous group. In fact, I have no clue what my schedule will be next week. It drives me nuts when I can't even plan ahead that much. The center said I can call them the day before and try to set up an individual appointment with the dietician, so I'm hoping that works out...I just wish I could actually plan ahead.
So many times today I wished I could just go through the old drive thru and order a giant cappuccino. Or have a burger. Or just do something that was familiar and comfortable on this very unfamiliar day. But instead I went to the boyfriend's, went grocery shopping with him, and bought more chicken boullion and my saviors, pickle slices.

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

Congratualations on making it through without the drive thru.

It will be get better soon with the lack of a plan. Good luck and keep up the good work, my little worker bee.